If you would like to deal with us anonymously or use a pseudonym, feel free, however this may affect your use of this website.
The Australian Privacy Principles
We will treat all personal information in accordance with any and all obligations that are binding on us under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
What is “personal information"?
The types of personal information we collect may include:
• residential and business postal addresses, telephone/mobile and email addresses;
• bank account and/or credit card details for agreed billing purposes;
• your computer and connection information; and
• any information that you otherwise share with us.
How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information that you provide to us about yourself when you:
• use this site, including (without limitation) when you:
– purchase any products through this site;
– add reviews, forum or chat room messages or comments in any elements of this site that permit user-generated content;
– register for access to premium content or request certain premium features; or
– complete an online contact form to contact us;
• provide information to us by telephone or through marketing or competition application forms;
• searches and enquiries; or
• send us an email or other communication.
This site may also collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Focal Point collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes. The Proprietor may also collect and use web log, computer and connection information for security purposes and to help prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving, this site.
How we may use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
• to contact and communicate with you;
• to provide goods and services to you including charging, billing and collecting debts and shipment of products to you;
• conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
• prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving, this site;
• conduct research and development in respect of our products and/or services;
• gain an understanding of your information and communication needs or obtain your feedback or views about our products and/or services in order for us to improve them; and/or
• maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems; and
• for any other purpose reasonably considered necessary or desirable by Focal Point in relation to the operation of our business.
From time to time we may email our customers/clients with news, information and offers relating to our own products/services or those of selected partners. Your personal information may also be collected so that Focal Point can promote and market products and services to you. If you would prefer not to receive promotional or other material from us, please let us know and we will respect your request. You can unsubscribe from such communications at any time if you choose.
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes. They do not harm your systems and the HELP function in your browser will tell you how to restrict or block the cookies. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. If you use browser settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
We may use web beacons (or clear gifs) on our website and in our emails. So basically, when we send emails, we have the ability to track behaviour such as who opened the emails, who clicked the links and collection information such as your IP address, your browser or email type, we then put this information together to improve the performance of our email campaigns and provide you with better and/or services specific to your needs. You will always have the ability to opt out of any emails we send just click the link in the email that says “unsubscribe”.
Third party cookies
In some cases, third parties may place cookies through this site. For example:
When we may disclose your personal information
To perform our core functions and activities, Focal Point may disclose your personal information to outside organisations. We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. These organisations may carry out or provide:
• customer/client enquiries;
• mailing systems;
• billing and debt-recovery functions;
• information technology services;
• marketing, telemarketing and sales services;
• market research; and
• website usage analysis.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
• to your authorised representatives or legal advisers (when requested by you to do so);
• to credit providers (for credit-related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
• to our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
• to government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
• as required by law.
How we maintain security of your personal information
We take the following precautions to secure and protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access or disclosure:
• our website contains pages encrypted with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to ensure the safety of any data that is submitted through use of this website;
• we protect devices we use to collect, hold, use and disclose personal information with industry-standard anti-virus software;
• our devices are protected by cryptographic keys and are stored in secure premises;
• data is securely stored on secure servers;
• our email data is encrypted;
• all hard copies of personal information are kept in secure storage with access by authorised personnel only.
While we take commercially reasonable measures to maintain a secure website and business, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering and break-ins, and we cannot guarantee or warrant that such events will not take place and we will not be liable to you for any such occurrences.
Access to and correction of your personal information
You may access or request correction of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us. There are some circumstances in which we are not required to give you access to your personal information.
We will respond to your requests to access or correct personal information in a reasonable time and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you remains accurate, up to date and complete.
If you have a complaint about the way in which we have handled any privacy issue, including your request for access or correction of your personal information, you should contact us. Our contact details are set out below.
We will consider your complaint and determine whether it requires further investigation. We will notify you of the outcome of this investigation and any subsequent internal investigation.
If you remain unsatisfied with the way in which we have handled a privacy issue, you may approach an independent advisor or contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) for guidance on alternative courses of action which may be available.
If you have any questions, comments, requests or concerns, please contact us at:
By email: email@example.com or by post: Unit 12, 343 Melton Road, Northgate QLD 4013
Changes to this policy
From time to time, we may change our policy on how we handle personal information or the types of personal information which we hold. Any changes to our policy will be published on our website.
You may obtain a copy of our current policy from our website or by contacting us at the contact details above.
Last updated: 9 July 2021